A hospital in Olomouc late Wednesday began treatment of a 54-year-old patient from Moravská Třebová who suffered methanol poisoning after drinking tainted alcohol. His case is the third in the region this week. A 48-year-old man remains hospitalised in Olomouc, another 48-year-old is in hospital in Prostějov. The outbreak of methanol poisoning in the Czech Republic began in mid-September after the market was flooded by thousands of litres of tainted bootleg alcohol. Thirty people died as a result.